Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Fun with Ingrid and Chris

Monday, Jeff worked during the day, Ingrid, Chris and I played games. In the evening we went to eat sushi, Gillian recommended a place on Congress called Kyoto, it was very good, except for the Uni (sea urchin). We got a big sushi plate and no one knew what the last peice was. Ingrid tried it and I didn't think she'd swallow it, she had a terrible look on her face, then Jeff took the entire peice and ate it. I have never seen him make that face before, it was awful! Ingrid said it tasted like "spoiled pee" YUCK! Jeff looked it up on the internet and found out that Uni (sea urchin sushi) is actually sea urchin gonads EEWW!! I'm so glad I didn't try it!

Yesterday Ingrid, Chris and I did a brick workout (kind of). We rode at the Veloway just south of Austin, it's a 3 mile loop just for biking, it's very winding, but it was a lot of fun. Chris and I did 6 laps (18 miles) and I think Ingrid did 7 (21 miles). Then we drove over to the Town Lake Trail and ran for 40 minutes. Ingrid and I were super hungry by the time we were done. We went to Veggie Heaven and had really yummy vegan food, it was Gillian's recommendation also.

We went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Tropic Thunder which is insanely hilarious!
I had tons of fun, I got the blue butterfly bike jersey I've been wanting, Jeff ordered the sunglasses I want that he thought he couldn't get, and my new Infinit came, what an awesome day!
Connor being cool, wearing Chris's hat

No comments: