Friday, September 5, 2008

Long Run

I hadn't run more than 8 miles since the end of July, so I was getting a little worried about running 13.1 at Longhorn in Oct. Wednesday, I decided I was going to run 12 miles if I could. I wasn't at all sure I could. 12 miles would be my longest run since the 1/2 marathon in Feb! I have run 10 a few times this summer. So I parked at Barton Springs and ran on the trail, it was a nice day, a little hot, but breezy. At first I wasn't sure I could do 12 miles, but I just kept going along the trail and didn't turn around until I had run over 6 miles. At mile 10 on the way back I stopped at the coolers of water RunTex puts out. I drank about 4 cups in a row. I knew it was a bad idea as I was doing it, but it tasted so good! I started running again, but I had drank too much water. I walked for about 5 minutes then ran the rest of the way for a total of 12 miles! Then I went for a short swim in Barton Springs. I told Ingrid that night that if I can do 12 I know I can do 13.1 at Longhorn! The Town Lake trail is a beautiful place to run, I ran on it once while we were house hunting, so this was my second run around the lake.

No comments: