Sunday, October 26, 2008

Matthew A. McLaughlin

This is not fun to write about, but it's been on my mind a lot this past week so... My 22 year old cousin Matt, died in a car accident on Oct. 19th. Matt had a great sense of humor and loved to make people laugh. I think he would have been a great comedian.
When he was little, Matt loved going to my mom and dad's house to play in the wilderness. We (Mark, Jason, and I) would take him on short hikes and he loved finding frogs, fishing, and exploring with us.
I moved to Texas when Matt was 13, so the last few years it's been kind of weird to visit and see Matt all grown up. He was becoming a really cool adult. I was visiting this summer and Matt and I were both really busy and didn't have a chance to see eachother. Of course, now I really really wish I had taken time to visit with him, even if it was just for a few minutes.
I love you and miss you Matt.

No comments: