Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Hills

Ingrid, Chris, Kim, Cassie, Matt, Larry, Jeff and I headed up to Washington County today to ride hills with the Conoco Phillips bike team. They were doing the Camp For All bike route that we've done a couple of times before. This is the first time I carried the GPS unit on this ride. I'm glad I did. All the stats show that this is a tougher ride than the Longhorn route. So if we keep it up, we should all be in good shape for the hills at Longhorn!
It was pretty foggy when we started riding, ok not quite this foggy, the camera lens was fogged up too.

I had a tough ride today, between the hills, the wind and some asthma issues I was just not doing great, but it's a really pretty place to ride and I finished, and besides, a bad training day is always more fun than sitting on the couch!

We also put a new saddle on my bike for today. I'm not sure I like it. In fact, my butt still hurts now, so I'm pretty sure I don't like it! I'm just trying to decide if I want to try it one more time or just put my old seat back on and forget about it.

We went to lunch in Brenham after the ride. Yum!
Next weekend's ride in conjunction with the Lake Somerville camping trip will probably be pretty much the same route as today's ride.

No comments: