Thursday, November 24, 2016

Wild Hare Trail Run

I won an entry into the Tejas Trails race of my choice a few months ago, Wild Hare was the only one that fit my schedule, but it worked out perfectly.

The race was at Bluff Creek Ranch just outside of Warda. So we decided to camp Friday and Saturday nights, this was also Roo's first camping trip. He did great and had a lot of fun.


He didn't get to race with me because the course was mostly on single track trail and I didn't want him to be in the way.

Trail running in general has a very chill, fun vibe and that was certainly true of this race. I chose the 10K distance and it started at 7:15am, after the 50 miler, the 50K, and the 25K. It was a great course and a beautiful (if a bit cold) day for running. Everyone on the course was really nice and encouraging, the course was pretty, and not too rough. When I finished, I told Jeff I wish I had signed up for the 25K instead of the 10K.

We hung out all day and lots of people petted Roo and commented on how beautiful and well behaved he was.
Roo was tired Saturday night, he actually begged to go into the tent about 7:30, we finally just let him go in there and go to sleep.

I was hanging out at the finish line to watch the final 50 mile finishers come in and Chris (the owner of Tejas Trails) pretty much talked me into running the 25K at Bandera in January! It's one of the toughest trails in the country! Crazy!

No comments: