Wednesday, May 6, 2015

NXNA Garden Tour

The Garden Tour was a BIG success! I had 75 people come by to look at my garden and they all seemed to love my native Texas garden. I got to give advice about plant selection, soil conditions, and bed preparation to lots of people. People appreciated that I had labeled my plants with both common and scientific names.
Mealy blue sage Salvia farinacea
 I even got to explain the difference between my 3 species of Echinacea to some people!
Narrow leaf coneflower
All in all, I had a great time, and I think quite a few people got some good ideas and inspiration for their own native gardens.

 In the afternoon, the butterflies came out in full force!
Queen butterfly on lantana
Painted lady butterfly on sanguine coneflower
Gray hairstreak butterfly on sanguine coneflower
Black-eyed Susans
Fall asters normally bloom in Sept-Oct, but these decided to come out just for the garden tour
Special thanks to Pauline and Kendra for helping out!!

No comments: